Chemical & Pharmaceutical
At N&V, our attorneys are uniquely qualified to provide clients with prosecution services with respect to patent applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology arts. Included within the ambit of prosecution services are preparation of patent applications, presentation of oral and written arguments before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, including attending interviews with patent examiners and taking appeals to the United States Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
N&V’s expertise extends to post-patent application allowance procedures, including interferences, reissues and reexaminations. In addition, the firm assists clients in securing patent protection for their inventions in countries around the world.
N&V attorneys have significant experience in providing:
- High-level patent prosecution, opinion, appellate and interference work for major petrochemical companies.
- Drafting, filing and securing U.S. and foreign patents for universities in the field of AIDS-related diseases.
- Drafting, filing and securing patents for major domestic corporations in the area of metallurgical alloys, processes and components employed in the nuclear and energy generation fields.
- Securing patent protection for small molecule related inventions for pharmaceutical companies.
- Securing patent protection for inventions arising out of research in major product categories such as the cosmetics industry.
Other areas where we practice include (but are not limited to): food technology, analytical technique, diagnostic systems, synthesis of chemical compounds, nutraceuticals, pesticides and herbicides, nanotechnology, ceramics, polymer chemistry, paints, molecular and cell biology, agrochemical, vaccines, antibodies, biochemistry, enzyme technology, gene therapy, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, organic chemistry and processes, pharmacology, plant patents.
Our clients range from large multinational corporations to universities, mid-sized companies and individual inventors. We also cooperate with agents in many foreign countries to assist their clients in securing patent protection for their inventions in the United States. In addition, we provide opinions relating to patent infringement and validity, as well as advices in the licensing, enforcement and due diligence areas.
If you are interested in legal representation or would like more information, please contact one of our attorneys or call us at 1-703-816-4000.