Complementing N&V’s patent and trademark services, the firm offers a full range of expertise to meet client copyright needs from routine transactional matters to advice on contemporary technology issues:
- N&V prepares and files copyright applications with the U.S. Copyright Office and participates in their prosecution at the U.S. Copyright Office.
- The firm advises clients on the use, ownership and enforcement of copyrights. N&V handles copyright licenses, releases, assignments and other transfers of ownership rights.
- N&V performs and arranges for searches of copyrighted material, handles copyright disputes, including cease & desist letters, infringement actions in federal court and DCMA take-down notices.
- N&V provides advice on open-source software issues. N&V has strong core competencies in copyright as it relates to software.
- The firm’s extensive relationships with foreign associates allow us to provide copyright assistance on matters outside the U.S.
- N&V copyright clients cover a wide range of entities, including individual writers and entertainment producers, apparel and textile companies, industrial and manufacturing companies, financial entities, food companies, universities, software and game companies.
- Represented stone medallion manufacturer in various copyright infringement matters.
- Negotiated the purchase of copyright portfolio covering freight classification manuals for large motor freight organization.
- DCMA take-down notice action on behalf of large motor freight organization.
- Successfully enforced copyrights against large publisher on behalf of individual writer.
- Successfully sued advertiser for copyright ownership related to advertising materials of tactical operations manufacturer.
- Secured copyright protection on expedited basis for technical drawings of large manufacturing company in litigation.
- Secured copyright protection on expedited basis for software in litigation.
- Enforced rights with cease & desist letters on behalf of petroleum industry organization.
- Obtained copyright protection for multipart toy adventure kits.
- Opinion work on ownership of copyrights regarding software.
- Investigated copyright on product characters for food company.
If you are interested in legal representation or would like more information, please contact one of our attorneys or call us at 1-703-816-4000.