Trademarks are valuable assets of a company that serve to immediately identify the source and quality of its products or services and distinguish them from the products and services of others. Trademarks in many instances are a company’s most important property and should be protected and enhanced through proper use, registration and enforcement. Nixon & Vanderhye works closely with its clients to protect their trademarks, service marks, trade names and domain names in the United States and throughout the world.
Nixon & Vanderhye provides a full range of trademark services to our clients, including:
- Assisting clients with trademark and logo selection.
- Conducting clearance searches and advising on the probable availability of trademarks for use and registration.
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting applications for registration.
- Counsel and representation in connection with appellate and inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Internet domain name disputes.
- Licensing, watch services and assignments.
- Foreign trademark filing and prosecution.
- Managing U.S. and international trademark portfolios.
- Enforcing trademarks and providing courtroom representation in all aspects of trademark, trade dress, dilution and unfair competition law.
- Representing small and large companies in all areas of commerce.
If you are interested in legal representation or would like more information, please contact one of our attorneys or call us at 1-703-816-4000.